While the SEO industry has been around for quite some time, there are still many business owners who fail to see the value a good search strategy can provide. Shelley Media Arts began as an SEO agency and web design firm. Since 2008, we have helped tons of businesses reach potential customers by creating focused and targeted SEO strategies. A lot has changed over the years but one thing hasn’t, if you want to rank for the terms your personas are searching for, you need a targeted, user focused search strategy.
In this week’s episode of the SMA Marketing Minute, we will take a brief look at why hiring an SEO agency will help you get the most out of your search strategy. Now, not all agencies are created equal, so after watching the video check out these posts below.
- “SEO” IS A DIRTY WORD: 3 RED FLAGS WHEN HIRING A LOCAL SEO AGENCY
- 5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR BEFORE YOU HIRE A LOCAL SEO AGENCY FOR YOUR BUSINESS
You can also contact us or visit our SEO page to learn about our services. Ok, enough promotion, check of the video!
Table of Contents
Hey, what’s up everybody? I’m Ryan Shelley and you’re watching the SMA Marketing Minute.
If you really want to take advantage of the amount of people who are going online searching for products and services, you need to have some sort of a search strategy. This is where SEO is really important and I don’t think a lot of business owners really understand the importance of SEO and really the value that it provides your company.
More and more people are going online searching for products and services. Whether you’re a local business or you’re a larger business that’s servicing people all over your state, country or region, it’s important to have a search presence. Because when someone has as a pain problem or something that they need a solution for, Google or Yahoo or Bing, but mainly Google, is a place are going to go to ask that question. And the sites that are really ranking in those top three positions are statistically going to get close to 80% of the traffic. So businesses that rank higher in those positions get more traffic and now if you have a site that actually delivers with the user wants, which is what Google’s trying to do with their new album updates, you have a higher chance of actually closing those visitors into leads.
SEO is extremely complicated and is more than just, you know changing some title tags and publishing a bunch of content. There are a number of things that go into it and this is why I do really recommend hiring an SEO pro or a company like ours that really understands the algorithm and what’s going on so you can maximize your search marketing and really get a higher ROI with the time you’re investing in your website.
Hope you guys enjoyed this week’s segment of the SMA marketing minute. Have some great content below for you guys to help get you started with your SEO. If you have any questions shoot us an email, we love to hear about it and we look forward to next week.
SEO Stats to Blow Your Mind:
- Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%. ~ Outbrain
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. ~ Search Engine Journal
- On average, we conduct 12 billion searches per month in the United States. ~ Comscore
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. ~ Search Engine Watch
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, and only focus on the organic results. ~ Search Engine Land