Gary Vaynerchuk is one of the most famous and popular marketing minds of our age. He is truly living the American dream. Gary and his family immigrated to the US from Belarus, in the former USSR. He made a name for himself working for his family's wine business and grew it from a $3M to a $60M business in just five years. Now he runs VaynerMedia, one of the most sought-after digital marketing firms in the world. Gary is the best-selling author of five books and speaks at a number of conferences around the world.
One thing I like about Gary Vaynerchuk is that he tells it like it is. There is no fluff, just straight up truth. Whether you are launching a new business or looking to grow, you don't have time for fluff. There is enough content on the web that will make you feel good about the status quo, but in order to grow, you have to do the hard work. Gary Vaynerchuk has done the hard work so he knows what it takes.
Below are 50 Gary Vaynerchuk quotes that you can use to get yourself in gear. Print out this list. Tape it to the wall. Write them on your hand. Whatever you need to do to get yourself in growth mode.
Here We Go!
- “You have to understand your own personal DNA. Don’t do things because I do them or Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban tried it. You need to know your personal brand and stay true to it.”
- "Regardless of what you're trying to accomplish you've got to tell the world about it."
- “Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.”
- “No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story.”
- “Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, what do I want to do every day for the rest of my life…do that.”
- “Trust is on the rise because transparency is on the rise”
- “99% of what we deal every day in business doesn’t matter. If you religiously follow the few core business philosophies that mean the most to you, everything else will naturally fall into place.”
- “If you fail and people laugh at you, they’re not worth your time. Ignore them.”
- “Cash is oxygen. You can make the greatest cup of coffee, the greatest sneaker, the greatest TV show, or the greatest work of art ever, but if you can’t sell your product you are out of business.”
- “What’s the ROI of a piano? To me, it’s zero. For Billy Joel and Elton John, it has been substantial.”
- “How do you make people buy in? You don’t. I speak only to the converted, and you should do the same.”
- “Retention is the game. The game in business is not how many customers you can get, it’s how many you can keep.”
- “The game for me is not acquisition, it’s lifetime value and the percentage of wallet I get from that person.”
- “Provide 51% of the value in a relationship, whether it’s with an employee, a client, or a stranger.”
- "You can't live your life based on other people's point of view. I am tired of people not starting and living their life on one very simple thing which is they're worried about what other people think."
- “Smart work will never replace hard work, it only supplements it.”
- “People are your most important commodity.”
- “Never be romantic about how you make your money.”
- “If your work is great, that becomes your reputation, and that becomes the gateway drug to bring business into your sales funnel.”
- “The truth is that finding happiness in what you do every day is so imperative.”
- “You didn’t grow up driving…you figured it out.”
- “There is never a bad time to start a business – unless you want to start a mediocre one.”
- “Time – the one asset none of us are ever gonna get more of.”
- “All your ideas may be solid or even good. But you have to actually EXECUTE on them for them to matter.”
- “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.”
- “I’m just always looking forwards. I spend very little time, looking backwards”
- “Effort is grossly underrated.”
- “You can market your ass off, but if your product sucks, you’re dead.”
- “Legacy is greater than currency.”
- “I hate how many people think “glass half-empty” when their glass is really four-fifths full. I’m grateful when I have one drop in the glass because I know exactly what to do with it.”
- “If you live for the weekends and vacations, your shit is broken.”
- “You need to spend all of your time and energy on creating something that actually brings value to the people you’re asking for money!”
- “Stop whining, start hustling.”
- “Know the philosophy, know the details, and ignore everything in the middle.”
- “We only get to play this game one time…one life.”
- “Whether you’re 9 or 90, stop trying to fix the things you’re bad at, and focus on the things you’re good at.”
- “When it call comes down to it, nothing trumps execution.”
- “Your legacy is being written by yourself. Make the right decisions.”
- “A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.”
- “It’s easy to dream about it … Much harder to execute it ….Work!”
- “Relationships are leverage. If you give value to someone else first, you have leverage.”
- “I attract a crowd, not because I’m an extrovert or I’m over the top or I’m oozing with charisma. It’s because I care.”
- “Word of mouth works now, much more than ever. @-reply every single person.”
- “Brands mature over time, like a marriage. The bond you feel with your spouse is different than when you first met each other. Excitement and discovery are replaced by comfort and depth.”
- “The reason I was able to grow my business was that every day, after producing 30 minutes of wine television, I spent 15 hours a day replying to every single person’s e-mail and every single person’s Twitter @ reply.”
- “People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money, you’re going to lose. You’re just going to. Even if you get the money, you’re not going to be happy.”
- “There’s not a single winner on the earth that took it easy."
- "You can't be heard if you're not communicating."
- "Buy into positivity versus negativity. Blindly buy into positivity. Positivity leads to offense and results. It's the macro of it all."
- "Ultimately, a value exchange matters the most. No matter what, if you bring somebody value, if you make somebody laugh, if you make somebody think, if you deliver on your promise, that is always going to work out, no matter how you do that."
These quotes are great and can be very motivating, but without doing the work, nothing will change. So I’ll leave you with this, what’s your next move?
Share This Image on Your Site
Editor's Note: This article was originally published on January 7, 2017 and has been updated with fresh content.