To improve your online visibility and grow your organic traffic, brick-and-mortar business owners need to consider a local SEO strategy. Keep reading this blog article to learn what local SEO is and a few reasons why your business needs to implement a local SEO strategy.
Table of Contents
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is the process of improving the visibility of your local business online. It centers around on-page optimizations for location-specific keywords as well as setting up a Google Business Profile, formerly known as Google My Business.
Local search encompasses queries such as:
- Veterinarian near me
- Handyman near me
- Lawyer in [city name]
- Grocery store in [city name]
There are a few unique ranking factors at play when it comes to local SEO. To gather information for local search, search engines rely on elements such as:
- Google Business Profile
- Local content and blog posts
- Social media profiles
- Inbound links
- Citations in business directories and other business listings
- Local business schema
- Online reviews (both positive reviews and negative reviews)
- Voice search optimization
- Customer reviews
Local SEO Tools
Local SEO tools can help you implement your strategy and measure your success. Here are a few we like to keep in our toolkit:
Local SEO Speaks Directly to Your Target Audience
As a local SEO agency, we have helped a number of local and regional businesses with physical locations reach their growth goals using SEO and internet marketing. By implementing a local SEO strategy, you can get your message in front of your potential customers at the right time.
A great local SEO strategy will serve your ideal buyer by ensuring an excellent user experience online and in person. It’s not helpful to show up in a search query that provides the wrong information! Details such as updating business hours on your Google Business Profile, promoting special offers, and including target keywords in content can potentially increase your organic search visibility.
Talk is cheap, we know. As a trusted local SEO agency, we know that if you want to be trusted, you have to show proof. This infographic is designed to do just that. These stats speak for themselves and after taking a look, we hope you see how important it is for your business to have a search strategy.
Share this Image On Your Site
- 97% of users searched online to find a local business.
- Local and organic searches together make up 69% of overall digital traffic.
- A purchase follows 28% of all local searches.
- 46% of all searches on Google are for a local business or local service.
- “Near me” mobile searches increased by 136% in 2021.
- 78% of consumers use the internet to find information about local businesses more than once a week.
- Over 60% of consumers will disregard a business if they can’t find it online.
- The average ROI for a local SEO campaign is over 500% after 3 years.
Give Your SEO Efforts a Boost
SEO has become a very popular buzzword in the business community, but it has been around since the start of the web. We have spoken with a number of businesses that have been burned by so-called local SEO agencies and, in return, have written off the whole concept. We’re here to change that.
Our team has helped dozens of local businesses improve their online presence and search rankings. If you are ready to help your local business stand out from the rest, contact us today to set up a time to talk to one of our local SEO specialists.
We hope this information helped open your eyes to the importance of local SEO and its role in your internet marketing campaign. Build a stronger SEO foundation for your website using our free On-Page SEO checklist. Download your copy by clicking below.
This article was originally published on June 17, 2015, and has been updated with fresh content.